December 2021 funding round information
The information for applicants intending to make a funding application to the Scripted or Factual streams of the NZ Media Fund or Industry Development Fund for the December round is now available.
Funding round priorities
December is the third round of the financial year with a focus on projects intended for general audiences. Please note that current affairs projects that previously came to this round should be submitted to the third round of the Public Interest Journalism Fund (PIJF).
Factual, Scripted and Development applications will be accepted as follows, but available funding is constrained:
- Factual – applications for the Premier stories, Many perspectives and Fresh Opportunities streams of the Factual Roadmap will be considered.
- Approximately $4m has been allocated for content intended for general audiences.
- Scripted – applications for the Premier, Sustainable and Newer Storytellers streams of our Scripted Roadmap will be considered.
- Approximately $12.5m has been allocated for content intended for general audiences. This round is open to Drama, Scripted and Unscripted (e.g. comedy/panel show) content genres.
- Development – both Content (applications that have co-investment from a supporting platform and Diverse Development) and Industry development applications will be considered. Please see the Development Roadmap and read the full round information document for more details.
9 September 2021, 4pm - Funding round opens.
7 October 2021, 4pm - Application deadline. Round closes.
1 December 2021 - Decisions confirmed, applicants notified the following day. This date may be extended at NZ On Air’s sole discretion.
Funding deadlines 2022 - 2023
We have just published our 2022 - 2023 funding deadlines for Scripted, Factual and Platform applications.
ScreenSafe COVID-19 update
Kia ora e te whānau, we hope you are all staying safe in your bubbles.
With changing alert levels across the motu, we would like to remind you of the ScreenSafe COVID-19 health and safety protocols that apply to all funded productions.
While the ScreenSafe COVID-19 Health and Safety team are currently looking at what protocols need to be reviewed, particularly in light of the new Delta variant, the current Protocols and Summary Guidelines are still a great guide for what is allowed at each level.