March round information
Our first funding round for 2020 is very restricted due to low funds.
With three funding rounds completed for the current financial year, nearly 88% of the combined Factual and Scripted budget has been committed.
Please read the full March 2020 round information for applicants here.
March funding round priorities
- No production applications will be accepted with the exception of the shortlisted projects for the NZ On Air/Te Māngai Pāho (TMP) Factual Co-Fund. These applications are to be submitted via Te Pūahatanga.
- For Development we will consider significant Factual projects with platform support.
- No production applications will be accepted
- We will only be accepting Development applications for existing Scripted projects that have platform support that are applying for advanced development.
- We are unable to consider any further Diverse Development projects for the remainder of this financial year.
13 December 2019, 4pm - Funding round opens.
16 January 2020, 4pm - Application deadline.
4 March 2020 - Decisions confirmed, applicants notified the following day. This date may be extended at NZ On Air’s sole discretion
Please note: All applications (excluding applications to the NZ On Air/TMP Factual Co-Fund) must be made through NZ On Air’s online application system. Applications not submitted through this system will not be accepted.
Platform contributions discussions paper
In October we issued a discussion paper to set out the issues around co-investment in NZ On Air-funded content. The paper proposes several options to address industry concerns on which we are still seeking feedback.
Here is the paper. The final day to provide your feedback is this Friday, December 13th.
Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any changes to the platform contribution requirements are likely to be implemented from 1 July 2020. We will provide an update following the feedback early in 2020.
Chief Executive role
Are you our new Chief Executive?
We're after an awesome new leader to join our unique workplace and champion diversity in Aotearoa's public media sector.
If this sounds like you (or someone you know) check out the job listing here.
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Wednesday December 12th.