December round information
December round is for production applications intended to appeal to general audiences. This is the third funding round of the financial year, which means we have already had two significant rounds for general and targeted audiences.
These first two rounds alone will likely see 72% of the Factual and around 77% of the Scripted budgets committed.
Please read the full December 2020 Information for Scripted, Factual and IDF funding applicants here.
December funding round priorities:
- The Factual applications prioritised in this round include Quality Journalism, Premier Stories and Many Perspectives – see our Factual Roadmap for further detail on these funding streams.
- Within these streams we have notionally allocated the following funding against these genres: Current Affairs - $3m, Events - $300,000, Documentary/Information - $2m
- The Scripted applications prioritised in this round include Premier content and Sustainable production – see our Scripted Roadmap for further detail on these funding streams.
- Within these streams we have notionally allocated the following funding against: Premier Drama - $2.5 - 3m, Children’s Drama - $1 - 1.5m
- To this round we are accepting applications to all three strands of our Industry Development Fund: Professional Development, National Conferences and National Awards. Please see our Development Roadmap for more information.
- We are also accepting content development applications. Applications with platform support are open. Diverse Development applications (projects without platform support) are not being considered in this round as the funding for these was fully allocated in the July round.
11 September 2020, 4pm - Funding round opens.
15 October 2020, 4pm - Application deadline. Round closes.
2 December 2020 - Applicants notified. This date may be extended at NZ On Air's sole discretion.
Big Screen Symposium 2020
Big Screen Symposium 2020 tickets are available now, have you got yours?
Hosted from October 9 - 10 at Auckland's ASB Theatre, Big Screen Symposium 2020 will immerse creatives from across Aotearoa in two-days of conversations, workshops, panel discussions and case studies with a stellar line-up of local and international speakers.
In a special presentation at this year's symposium, NZ On Air will outline the challenges, ideas and opportunities ahead as we all try to put 2020 behind us. How do we get local content in front of fragmenting audiences and young New Zealanders in particular? How do we achieve authenticity for diverse audiences? If there’s a year to transform culture, it is 2021.
You can purchase your Big Screen Symposium ticket here.
NZ TV Awards 2020
The New Zealand Television Awards are back! This year the Gala and Craft ceremonies will be combined into one celebratory event, and the Awards will be supper-style with table seating for guests.
It's more important than ever to celebrate all the achievements of our screen industry, many of who have been hugely impacted by the restrictions put in place to help eliminate COVID-19 in Aotearoa.
Guests will be seated at tables of 10 with options to buy whole tables or individual seats.
Check out the key dates and purchase your tickets on the NZTV Awards website here.