November Scripted, Factual, Content Development and Industry Development round information
The information for applicants intending to make a funding application to the Scripted, Factual, Content Development or Industry Development streams of the NZ Media Fund for the November 2022 round is now available.
Funding round priorities
November is the third round of the 2022/2023 financial year and is focused on projects intended for general audiences. Factual, Scripted and Development applications will be accepted as follows, but available funding is constrained:
- Factual – applications for the Premier stories, Many Perspectives and Fresh Opportunities streams of the Factual Roadmap will be considered.
- Approximately $4m has been allocated for content intended for general audiences.
- Scripted – applications for the Sustainable and Newer Storytellers streams of our Scripted Roadmap will be considered.
- Approximately $9m has been allocated for content intended for general audiences. This round is open to Drama, Scripted Comedy and Unscripted Comedy (e.g. comedy/panel shows) content genres.
- Development – both Content (including Diverse Development) and Industry development applications will be considered. However, funding for both streams is limited and applications will have to reach a high bar to be successful. Please see the Development Roadmap.
1 September 2022 - Funding round opens.
All applications must be made through NZ On Air’s online application system. Applications not submitted through this system will not be accepted.
29 September 2022, 4pm - Application deadline. Round closes.
Late applications will not be considered. In very exceptional circumstances, for time-sensitive projects agreed prior by the Head of Funding, we may consider an out of time application.
30 November 2022 - Decisions confirmed, applicants notified the following day. This date may be extended at NZ On Air’s sole discretion.