September round information
It’s that time again – another funding round is about to open!
Our September funding round is primarily for production applications intended to reflect and/or appeal to targeted audiences* or for HEIHEI Games applications.
Please read the full September 2020 Information for Scripted, Factual and IDF funding applicants here.
Please read the full September 2020 Information for HEIHEI Games applicants here.
September funding round priorities:
- Genres prioritised include Children's, Documentary, Information, and Events.
- Projects must be intended for targeted audiences.
- Genres prioritised include Children's, Drama, and Comedy intended for targeted audiences.
- Applications for Scripted projects aimed at general audiences will also be considered for sustainable productions and newer storyteller projects - please read our Scripted roadmap for definitions of these categories.
Industry Development Fund
- To this round we are accepting applications to all three strands of our Industry Development Fund: Professional Development, National Conferences and National Awards.
- Please see our Development Roadmap for more information.
- NZ On Air has approximately $300k in this financial year to support the creation of around 4 - 6 new games for the HEIHEI Games platform.
- Given the small number of games able to be funded in this round, applications are strictly limited to two game proposals per production company.
3 July 2020, 4pm - Funding round opens.
6 August 2020, 4pm - Application deadline. Round closes.
30 September 2020 - Applicants notified. This date may be extended at NZ On Air's sole discretion.
*For further detail regarding targeted audiences please refer to page 14 of our Funding Strategy.
Job opportunities with NZ On Air
NZ On Air has two exciting new job opportunities!
We're on the lookout for two organised, efficient and friendly people to join our small but passionate team. If either of the job opportunities below sounds like you (or someone you may know!) please get in touch - we'd love to hear from you.
Contracts and Administration Assistant - Music
We're looking for a Contracts and Administration Assistant to work primarily with our funded music stakeholders - mainly music managers, labels and artists. This person will be responsible for issuing contracts for our various Music funding activities, so you must have an eye for accuracy and detail.
We're also seeking an Assistant Accountant who will work with our funded stakeholders across the screen, music and audio content sectors. This role includes carefully maintaining systems to track contracts, budget, and milestone progress for funded content; processing invoices with highly accurate data entry; liaising with contracted parties; drafting funding decision letters; and providing advice to help stakeholders to meet NZ On Air reporting standards.
Keeping children safe on set
You will no doubt be aware of the media coverage regarding a convicted sex offender who worked as a camera man for a time on the set of What Now.
As soon as NZ On Air became aware of this issue we raised with Screensafe that we need more robust guidance on Police vetting of cast and crew where there are children present on set.
We are grateful to Screensafe for taking this on, and look forward to their new guidance. Please keep an eye on their website for updates.