July round information
Welcome to the first round of the new financial year!
We're expecting to receive a large number of quality applications this round. In response to industry feedback we've decided to cap the funding committed in this round to ensure there's enough left in the pot for later rounds.
- We have around $9m available.
- Genres prioritised in this round include Documentary, Information, Events andRegional Media.
- Development applications for complex factual projects will be accepted in this round.
- We have around $16m available.
- Scripted applications for two of the investment strands (Premier and Sustainable) of our Scripted Roadmap will be considered.
- Development applications for both strands of content development (Mainstream and Diverse) will be considered.
Please read the full July 2019 round information here.
- 1 May - round opens.
- 30 May 4pm - application deadline, round closes.
- 18 July - Applicants notified - this date may be extended at NZ On Air's sole discretion.
NZ Music Month
We're celebrating NZ Music Month with a very special Watch and Listen collection, one that brings together and champions local music in its many forms.
From Student Radio, to HEIHEI, to fantastic documentaries like Anthemsand Rū Ana Te Whenua: Alien Weaponry Shake Europe - there's something for the music lover in all of us! Check out the collection here.
The theme of this year's NZ Music Month is 'Discover Live' - on that note, make sure you're following our NZ On Air Music Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Spotify so you can stay up-to-date with all the incredible events, projects and music coming your way this May!
This week we have welcomed Steven Gannaway to our team.
Steven is with us part-time for a fixed term to help our Funding team with application assessments and screen funding rounds. Some of you will know Steven as the former Executive Director of the New Zealand Writers Guild. We are extremely grateful for his assistance with our growing workload.