Exciting opportunity if you are passionate about inclusive and diverse stories on New Zealand screens AND looking for a mid-career role.
This is a maternity cover position for 12 months.
NZ On Air is a public media entity created to increase the diversity of local media content available to New Zealand audiences. Our prime statutory objective is to reflect and develop New Zealand identity and culture. We are a small but focused organisation, funding New Zealand music, screen and audio content.
Reporting to the Head of Funding, this role will primarily be responsible for advising on funding applications to the NZ Media Fund and monitoring progress of successful applications.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person with experience in the media sector to join our team, that can build strong sector relationships, effectively monitor projects and provide efficient research and reporting insights.
Your responsibilities would be mainly focused on our screen project stakeholders and includes:
- Drafting high-quality funding papers and ensuring recommendations are based on impartial assessment and sound judgement
- Collaborating with and assisting other funding team members in developing and maintaining quality systems and processes to organise and administer each funding round efficiently and effectively
- Assisting with research in developing funding policy and strategy reviews that ensure NZ On Air funding reaches all New Zealanders.
Who are you?
The ideal person for this role will have a relevant degree, be a good communicator and a strong team player. You will:
- Have a passion for meaningful and authentic screen representation and for fostering new voices to the screen
- Have an interest in inclusive and diverse storytelling in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification, preferably at Masters level, unless your work experience trumps that
- Have previous experience and excel in concise report writing and analysis
- Ensure timely and effective communication of information
- Develop and promote effective working relationships with external stakeholders
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to achieve new ways to be more effective, agile and adapt to changing expectations
- Actively contribute to a strong team service culture that supports colleagues to work collegially, efficiently and professionally
- Ensure high performance throughout the organisation through timely, effective and regular collaboration and sharing of learning and knowledge
- Contribute to regular team meetings to ensure communication is effective and foster a positive, supportive and highly functional team culture
- Champion NZ On Air’s culture and values and inspire colleagues to deliver exceptional work
If you want to broaden your career in the media sector and have a passion for NZ stories, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Apply for the job via Seek here. An up to date CV and cover letter are required. Applications close 4pm 24 June 2020.