NZ On Air will fund 25 new songs in the latest New Music Single funding round.
The 25 songs were selected from a very large field of 176 applications in this second round of the New Music funding scheme from NZ On Air.
New Music Single grants are up to $8,000 per song to go towards a combination of recording costs, music video production and promotion of the song to help it connect with the audience. Applicants are required to co-invest a minimum of $2,000.
The New Music Single decisions are based on the broadcast, music and audience merits of the songs that have been submitted, judged by a panel of broadcasting and music professionals.
The list of projects funded in the October New Music Single round is as follows –
• Anthonie Tonnon / Leave Love Out Of This
• Armed In Advance / Running You Down
• B O K E H / I Know You Know
• Bakers Eddy / Pastel Colours
• Beachspeaker / Why Can’t I Get What I Want For Once?
• Clap Clap Riot / 929
• Dave Weir / Tomorrow Never Comes
• Diaz Grimm / Sinse 7
• I Am Giant / Dead Flower
• Jon Lemmon / Something True
• Jupiter Project / Candles
• Kings / Some Day
• Louis Baker / Addict
• Miloux / Paris
• Mt Eden / Cruel
• Nadia Reid / Richard
• Nakita / Addicted
• Nomad / I Won’t Stop
• Raiza Biza / Miriam Makeba (and Other Strong Women)
• Shakes / Waiting On A Feeling
• The Map Room / Hold Me Up To The Sun
• The Upbeats / Silcho featuring Sarah Ryland
• Theia / Champagne Supernova
• Truth / Nyte
• Yoko Zuna / Whenua featuring Ladi6
The July Making Tracks Panel was –
Hale Speedy [More FM Network; Auckland]
Dylan Chase [Base FM; Auckland]
Nicky Harrop [Massey University; Auckland]
Victoria Kelly [APRA; Auckland]
Deane Simmonds [CHART; Christchurch]
Savina Kim [IGNITE/Auckland Live; Auckland]
Jeff Newton [NZ On Air; Auckland]
The next New Music Single round closes at 5.00pm on Friday 11 November 2016.
Applications can be made online at www.nzonair.govt.nz/music.
Keep up to date with our regular newsletter featuring news from NZ On Air and the industry.