NZ On Air will fund 25 new music projects in its latest MakingTracks funding round.
The 25 projects were selected from a field of 112 applications.
There are 15 $10,000 grants for recording a song and making a music video to back up the release of the song and 10 $6,000 grants for making a music video only.
This is the ninth MakingTracks funding round for the 2014-2015 financial year. So far this year (since July), we have taken in 1,132 applications and we have funded 203 songs.
"As NZ Music Month comes to an end we are delighted to again provide support for a whole new bunch of diverse local songs. I urge New Zealand listeners to support these and all local artists by buying or streaming their songs,” said NZ On Air Music Manager Brendan Smyth.
Decisions are based on the broadcast, music and audience merits of the songs that have been submitted, judged by a panel of broadcasting and music professionals.
The list of 25 projects funded in the May round is as follows –
(a) Funding of up to $10,000 for each of the following 15 MakingTracks projects in the May 2015 round, comprising up to $4,000 for recording a song and $6,000 for making a music video of that same song –
• Delaney Davidson / Broken Wheel
• Electric Wire Hustle / March
• Estere / Ambition
• Ghostwave / All U Do Is Kill
• Junica / Looking Out
• Lake South / Whanau/Family
• Little Oceans / Peace
• Mermaidens / Under The Mountain II
• Nadia Reid / The Arrow & The Aim
• Openside / Branches
• Pacific Heights / Buried By The Burden
• Pieter T / Missing You
• Signer / When I’m Lonely
• Sons Of Zion / Fill Me Up
• Zen Mantra / She Won’t Remember You At All
(b) Funding of $6,000 for each of the following 10 MakingTracks projects in the May 2015 round, being funding for making a music video only –
• Arma Del Amor / The Watcher
• Boycrush / Flirt
• Kings / Jump
• K+Lab & Laughton Kora / Super Gravy featuring Bailey Wiley & Stickybuds
• Knives At Noon / Trust Trust
• My Halo / Islands Of Love
• Sam Allen / Us
• Saxi / Lipstick
• Shocking Pinks / Double Vision Version
• Tomorrow People / No Rush
The May Making Tracks Panel was –
Charlotte Ryan [Mediaworks; Auckland]
Gemma Syme [RDU; Christchurch]
Greg Haver [Record Producer; Auckland]
Hayden Hare [Flava; Auckland]
Ian [Blink] Jorgensen [A Low Hum; Wellington]
Jeff Newton [NZ On Air; Auckland]
Matt Anderson [The Hits; Auckland]
The next MakingTracks round closes at 5.00pm on Monday 01 June 2015 [Queen’s Birthday].
Applications can be made online at www.nzonair.govt.nz/music.
Keep up to date with our regular newsletter featuring news from NZ On Air and the industry.