NZ On Air will fund 23 new music projects in the latest MakingTracks music funding round.
The 23 projects were selected from a field of 126 applications.
There are 14 $10,000 grants for recording a song and making a music video to back up the release of the song and 9 $6,000 grants for making a music video only.
This is the seventh of 10 MakingTracks funding rounds for the 2015-2016 financial year. So far, we have had 920 songs submitted and we have funded 158 projects.
"It is great to be back and involved with the Making Tracks panel process”, said new NZ On Air Head of Music David Ridler. “I think the March panel uncovered a very good collection of songs from a diverse array of artists. The excitement now comes in waiting for the finished songs and music videos to be unleashed so everyone can enjoy them.”
Decisions are based on the broadcast, music and audience merits of the songs that have been submitted, judged by a panel of broadcasting and music professionals.
The list of 23 projects funded in the March round is as follows –
(a) Funding of up to $10,000 for each of the following 14 MakingTracks projects in the March 2016 round, comprising up to $4,000 for recording a song and $6,000 for making a music video of that same song –
• Earth Tiger / Lucky Ones
• Fly My Pretties / Bag Of Money featuring Tiki Taane
• Israel Starr / We’re In This Love featuring Majic
• Knives At Noon / We Live In An Airport Now
• Nakita / Where Are You?
• Pacific Heights / Breath and Bone featuring Deanne Krieg
• Racing / Let It Slip
• Rei / The Chief’s Speech
• Ryan Enzed / Crawling featuring Sahara Skye
• Scuba Diva / Weed It Out
• Skelter / Get Outta My Face
• Unknown Mortal Orchestra / Shakedown Street
• Weird Together / Ready For This
• Yumi Zouma / Text From Sweden
(b) Funding of $6,000 for each of the following 9 MakingTracks projects in the March 2016 round, being funding for making a music video only –
• Avalanche City / Little Fire
• Ghost Wave / Don’t Ask Why
• Ill Semantics / I’m Ill featuring Flowz & K.One
• JK (Jason Kerrison) / All Of Us
• Kings / What We Supposed To Do
• Pause Applause / Islands
• Space Above / Fall Through
• Tipene / Comfortable featuring Pieter T
• Tomorrow People / Train To Nowhere featuring Paua
The March Making Tracks Panel was –
Mike Andzue (DJ Manchoo) [Flava, NZME; Auckland]
Silke Hartung [NZ Musician/95bFM; Auckland]
Gaye Stebbing [Juice, Garage TV; Auckland]
Harry Lyon [MAINZ; Auckland]
Marc Royal [CHART; Christchurch]
Jeff Newton [NZ On Air; Auckland]
Joost Langeveld [Big Pop Studios; Auckland]
The next MakingTracks round closes at 5.00pm on Friday 01 April 2016.
Applications can be made online at www.nzonair.govt.nz/music.
Keep up to date with our regular newsletter featuring news from NZ On Air and the industry.